Thursday, March 31, 2011

the fighter





Wow. What a truly spectacular piece of art. I laughed, I cried (eh..not really..it takes a lot for me to shed a tear). But in all honesty, a real masterpiece. On one level, I knew it'd be a good film, like all other Oscar-winning films, but I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. I feel this is one of the few Oscar-winning films this year that has a lot of heart. Yes, Black Swan is intriguing, dark, and mysterious. Yes, The Social Network is an innovative self-reflexive commentary. But The Fighter had soul. Watching the film was such a raw experience, you could feel the heartbreak, the struggle. The acting was phenomenal, believable. Action for the males, romance for the females. It even had an anti-drug message haha. But seriously, while The Fighter may not be oh so creative and new age, it is going down as an amazing classic without a doubt. Do I even have to say it? Reco-freaken-mmend!


Followers