Wednesday, February 23, 2011

mka

No one can accuse Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen of being followers. They follow no rules when it comes to fashion and never play it safe. While I must admit, many times, even they miss the mark, their fearlessness when it comes to style is undeniable. And it is this fearlessness that sets them apart from other "stylish" celebrities like Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie (both of whom I adore, but they do tend to stick to the rules). Because of their refusal to follow trends, many of their looks are timeless. These photos range from 2007-2011 but I bet you can't tell which photo was taken when. And that's precisely the point.

P.S. Forgive me for using the word "follow" so many times in one paragraph. Maybe I'll use a thesaurus next time.


I love how it looks like she just threw together this outfit at the last minute. It looks so comfortable yet put together at the same time. Her structured purse keeps the outfit from looking too casual, and of course her lovely use of accessories.

The scarf is really the focal piece of this outfit. I like how she keeps everything else simple so the scarf can make a statement.

Everything here is perfect, From their gowns to their hair to their purses. Elegance perfected.

So pretty. So clean.

How can two tiny girls have such gigantic purses? What could they possibly have in there? I love how it looks like they just rushed out the door looking this stylish. I love their scarves and their casual cuffed pants.

I die for her earrings. And her hair.

So unbelievable hipster haha.

I adore the simplicity of the black and white ensemble. The flowiness of the skirt and the fierceness (yes, I just used the word fierceness) of the shoes keep it from being boring.

Rocker chic.

Side note: Just letting all two of you know that fashion will not be a regular thing on my blog. I tend to feel shallow when writing about such topics and reading my own comments about the photos almost makes me want to vomit. This is just a once in a blue moon type thing.

Followers