Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1000 words

For hundreds of years we have been able to capture images. The beauty of a moment into a single frame. But what about scents? As I was taking a stroll, I passed by these flowers that had such a distinct smell, a familiar smell. The problem was, I could not place exactly what it was that the smell reminded me of. It just brought a rush of nostalgia. But nostalgia for what? A similar experience happened when I was at the mall. I caught a whiff of something that smelled like cherry lip gloss. The fragrance made me so happy. I wish I could have saved it. Maybe catch it in a jar, and steal whiffs of it whenever life gets too overwhelming, to bring me back to a time in the past when the little things were everything. Then again, maybe that's how smell gets to be so powerful. Because it is so rare and we cannot just go to our computer in a matter of seconds and pull up the file. Who nose. Haha. Get it?

Followers