Thursday, September 17, 2009

the world at large


I have this fantastic image in my head of who I want to be. The characteristics I've come to admire over the last year are creativity, boldness, and the ability to think for oneself. In trying to embody these characteristics, I've actually failed to exhibit the characteristics that are most important. Like compassion and humbleness. All my life people have labeled me as "nice" and "sweet", so I would take those qualities for granted. Because of this, I think I've slowly begun to lose those characteristics that once defined me.
I have become selfish.
Selfish people hurt the ones that care about them.
I don't want to hurt them anymore.

Why is it that I always treat the ones who care about me the most, the worst? I'm so messed up.

Followers